Saturday, May 1, 2010

Chicken Salad


Every good Southern cook has a favorite recipe for chicken salad. For years, my

chicken salad of choice was seasonsed with curry. When deciding on a menu for Bunco, I decided to create a menu that could be made ahead and served with little effort. After my technique class on chicken at Williams-Sonoma, I had lots of chicken and

Chicken Salad

2 chickens, cut up
Olive oil
Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
1 cup pecan pieces, roasted
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup lowfat sour cream
1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
3 stalks celery, chopped
2 cups grapes, halved

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the chicken pieces on baking sheets. Rub with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 1 hour, or until done. When cool remove the skin and chicken from the bones. Cut into chunks.

Mix together the mayonnaise and sour cream. Add the nuts, vegetables, fruit and tarragon to the chicken. Add mayonnaise and sour cream mixture, adding just enough to moisten the chicken. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Serve on croissant rolls with lettuce. Yield: 10 - 12 servings.

6 comments:

  1. This chicken salad photo made me want to make chicken salad today...and so I did! My hats off to the photographer. Sure looks delicious!

    Bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the best post on this topic i have ever read.I am really very impressed with the blogging

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks so delish, I wish I had some with a croissant. yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All in your article is precise and encourages me to own brave expectations just as as perfect writing is took in development. online-essay-writer.org Thanks for sharing it here.

    ReplyDelete